Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 38

May 7, 2012
Hello family!

IMPORTANT!! This Sunday I get to call or skype home for Mother's Day! Yay!! So I need the two families to talk together to find a time frame that works best for everybody. I will have a senior couple call sometime this week to coordinate a time when I can talk with you all! Just like last time, I get to talk to each side of the family for 30 minutes each. I still need to find a family in the ward that has the ability to skype who will be home for the weekend. While I'm working out that minor detail you all make sure to think of a time that works best for you. I have church from 10-1pm Nebraska time. So it could be pretty much any time after as of now until I find somewhere to go and work it out with the family. I'm excited to talk to you soon!! Start thinking of any questions you have for me or what exciting news from your life you would like to share! Thanks!

Did everyone have a fun Cinco de Mayo?! I sure did! I got to dress up as a pioneer and be in a Cinco de Mayo parade in Coucil Bluffs, Iowa! It was awesome!! I attached pictures for you so you can see my awesome pioneer outfit. I love dressing up in goofy clothes so I was a happy camper the whole time. It was fun to walk down the streets attempting to speak spanish and passing out mormon.org cards. By the end of the parade it hurt to smile and my arm was tired from waving so much. What a great feeling! That day it was pretty hot and humid as well so we felt like we were getting an even better pioneer experience. 

That same day one of our investigators, Donny, came to the trail center to watch the Joseph Smith movie. That was a wonderful experience and he was in shock with what the early mormon saints had to go through for their belief and religion. That movie is powerful! Every time I watch it my testimony of Joseph Smith gets reconfirmed and I have an even greater respect for him and his experiences. What a great example of trusting in the Lord and be obedient to Heavenly Father's will, even with so many persecutions.  

We were able to follow up with Anna this week. She is the woman who is suffering from cancer and was told that none of the treatments are working. We were able to teach her about the restoration of the church and she was able to accept it well and believes that we were sent to her for a reason. She starts crying when she talks about that first day we met her when she was at her lowest point with her family all together. She is so grateful to God that He put her in our path so give her hope that day. That will always be a treasured and memorable experience for all of us. 

This week we have had some pretty crazy storms! Luckily they all happen while I'm sleeping. A few days ago I heard the loudest thunder in my life. It vibrated the house every time and then there was some really bright lightning as well. Early Sunday morning there were some really heavy winds and even hail. It knocked down some big tree limbs off of the Buckbee's house. Luckily there wasn't any damage! We live with the Bucksbees who are members of the Plattsmouth ward. They are really nice. We have our own room and bathroom and live right across the hall from them. Brother Bucksbee is really funny, sarcastic, and blunt. I love it! They are really good to us. They give us a shelf in the fridge and our own cabinet for food. It works out really well. I enjoy living with members because it adds a little variety to the day and the people we're around.

This next Saturday is Florence day so we get to dress up as pioneers again and be in that parade. Florence is the city where Winter Quarters used to be so pioneers play a big role in the history of that part of Omaha. Pretty exciting!!! We are also holding our "Singing in the Park" concert again this week after the parade. It's going to be a great way to get the community involved. This month is a fun and crazy one with lots of things happening!

Well I hope you are all doing great! I love you so much! 
Enjoy the pictures and don't make fun of me. haha!

Love your modern pioneer friend,
Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment