Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 39

May 15, 2012

Hello family!!
 
This is going to be a shorter email because I don't have much time to write today! Sorry! It's been a busy preparation day! I'll type as fast as I can! Here we go...
 
It was so good to talk to the majority of you on Mother's Day! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to visit with me. I only wish we had more time than just a half hour with each side of the family. It went by way too fast! But it was great to hear how everybody is doing!! I love you all!
 
Here are the highlights of the week:
  • We found tons of new investigators this week! We found 8 different people, which is a lot for the little amount of time we had in our area due to working at the Trail Center and the Florence Day parade. Lots of great stories within finding all of these people... but no time to share right now. Sorry!
  • I got to go to the temple this week!! Yay!! That was such a blessing and a great experience! Since I was out in Grand Island I haven't been able to go for about 7 months. I hope that's the longest amount of time I don't go to the temple in my life. Whoever is in the Omaha area gets to go to the temple normally about every 2 transfers. I loved being able to go to the temple with my whole Council Bluffs Zone.
  • Florence Days Parade was this Saturday and I got to dress up like a pioneer again!! It was a blast! For part of the parade I rode in a handcart with an elder pushing it. haha! I felt so ridiculous getting pushed in one of those things by someone else. But they had a lot of sisters doing that. There were about 10 small handcarts that they used and a group of us sisters had to sit in them and wave. Good times! We also passed out a ton of cards and fliers about mormon.org and upcoming events. After the parade we had a singing performance that us sister missionaries put on. It was great! (same concert we did a couple weeks ago at the Trail Center.)
  • I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I have been blessed with two great moms. Thank you for all that you do and being great examples! There is a quote that President Kunz told us that I really love... "When God wants a great work done in the world, or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way, He doesn't stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts.  Instead he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother.  And then God puts the idea into the mother's heart and she puts it into the baby's mind.  And then God waits.  The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts.  The greatest forces in the world are babies.  And greater than babies are the mothers who give them life and mold their thoughts and set their highest ideals.  The hand that rocks the cradle is truly the hand that rules the world."  (E.T. Sullivan)
  • We met an amazing woman named Nancy last week whose daughter was murdered just a couple weeks ago. It was a miracle how we found her and got to talking to her. She is was really emotional and opened up to us and said she is so grateful Heavenly Father sent us to her because she really needs hope. We met with her for the 2nd time yesterday and shared parts of the Plan of Salvation with her and also talked a lot about trusting in God and how she can find peace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We also focused a lot on the atonement of Christ. It's so sad because her daughter was shot by a family member and she was only 22. I couldn't even begin to imagine how difficult that must be. I'm so grateful that we were guided to her when we were. Definitely inspired timing.
Well those are the main highlights! Next week I'll go in more detail about everything. Have a wonderful day and I love you all!! Talk to you next week!! :)
Love,
Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment