Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 18


December 21, 2011
Hi everyone!!

So we found out about transfers today... and Me and Sister Ashby are both staying in Grand Island! Yay! We are happy about that and so is the ward! :)

Wow, so a lot has happened in the past week and a half but I can't really remember all of it. I'll do my best to sum it up in the few minutes I have left of email time! EEK!

We had zone training this past week and it was focused on the atonement! It was awesome! All of the missionaries had to come with a short talk prepared about how the atonement has blessed their lives and then a couple missionaries would randomly be picked on to give their talk. Well guess what?! I was 1 out of 3 missionaries to be chosen! I wasn't too surprised though. I kept thinking it would be me then shoving it out of my head thinking, "There are about 50 other missionaries or so that could give it... I'm off the hook." haha. Nope! But it was really cool and I am grateful that I had that opportunity. I wish I had time to share more of my thought about the atonement. But it is one of the greatest blessings that we have and it helps me to continually strive to be better and work towards becoming like the Savior. (So that was surprise talk #1)

Surprise talk #2: Bishop called me on Friday to give a talk in sacrament this past Sunday. Normally I would be going crazy that I didn't have much time to prepare a talk and then would do a ton of research and type it up perfectly on the computer... but as a missionary it is very different. No computer and not many resources except for the sciptures and general conference talks, which is a proabably a good thing. I LOVED my topic for the talk though. It was: What Would Jesus Do? And the talk was focussed on the conference talk "Doing the right thing, at the right time, without delay." I was so excited when Bishop told me what I would be talking about. So I happily accepted! I believe the talk went well! That's what people told me at least. It was only about 12 minutes and I was able to just have about 5 bullet points and the talk in front of me. That's when you really have to let the Spirit guide. A lot of the talk was about service and becoming like the Savior.

I've officially decided I LOVE trailor parks!! (At least the ones where peole speak English.) We found 3 new investigators this week in a trailor park we found and it was awesome! Sister Ashby was hesistant to go there and didn't really want to tract around there but I felt good about it so we started knocking and everyone we talked to let us in and we shared the gospel with them. Yay for trailor parks!! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I have to go. love you all!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment