Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 21


January 9, 2012
Hello everyone!

Sounds like everybody is having a good time settling back down into normal life from the Holidays!

Our mission address is being changed to:
Nebraska Omaha Mission
11027 Martha St.
Omaha, NE 68144

Mail from the old address will be forwarded but this is the new address you can write me at for the rest of my mission!

Did everyone get to follow through with the commitments I left them on Christmas? Please email me back with how that went! Thanks!

This has been an interesting week! Sister Ashby was sick for three days so I had three long days of sitting in the apartment studying. She had the flu so she slept A LOT and I had to find different ways of entertaining myself and still being productive. I was able to read my scirptures a lot, watch church movies (church history from D&C and also the District- episodes of missionaries teaching people), wrote in my journal, cleaned, ate, walked around the apartment, straightened my hair, read some more, ate some more, wrote out lesson plans, called people to set up appointments, and make a sheet with lots of scripture references. That about sums it up! Three days is a long time to be cooped up my yourself and not talk to anyone. That was the weirdest part- not having much human interaction, besides when Sister Ashby would wake up for a little bit. Luckily she is feeling better now and we are back to work!

While I was reading I found a new favorite scripture: Alma 26:11-12
You should definitely look it up!

Guess what?!!! Me and Sister Ashby got to ride bikes for the first time on Thursday!! It was so exciting! Normally only the Elders ride bikes but we asked if we could borrow theirs while they had the car and it was sooo nice compared to walking! As long as there isn't snow on the ground we may continue to use their bikes when we don't have the car. We were like giddy little kids when we first started riding off to our appointments. Good times! :)

While Sister Ashby was sick President Kunz called to see how she was doing. She was sleeping at the time so I got to talk to him a little bit. It's rare to get to talk to him one on one. He basically told me that he really appreciate all the work i've been doing. He said that I've really turned the area around and that is one of the reasons why I was sent out here. Sister Ashby has been having a hard time and so I've had to take a lot of the leadership responsibilities upon myself and he acknowledged that it's a tough spot to be in but that I'm doing exactly what the Lord wants me to do. It was really nice to hear that from him and know that what I am doing is recognized. I love President Kunz!!

Well I hope you are all doing great!  I love you!
-Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment