Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

October 23, 2012


Hello familia!

I don't have much time to write today at all. It's a rushed preparation day. Today I want to write a little bit different email than normal. Although this was an incredible week where we set Larue for baptism, Jensen and Kirk came to church, and we were able to go to the temple= so amazing... I want to focus this email on how my mission so far has impacted me. I made a little list that I'll share with you. I feel like I never  get to actually share very personal things with you all because I'm stressing to fill you in with all the awesome details of the week.

First of all, serving a mission is so incredible and has changed my life. Not only do I get to witness others changing as they live the gospel to it's fullest, but I also am able to change and grow in the process. Here are some of the changes/ improvements I've seen in myself over the course of my mission:
Deeper love for everyone I meet. I am able to see everyone's true potential and see them as Christ would see them.
Deeper love for the scriptures. I know the scriptures so much better than I ever have. I share a scripture in pretty much every conversation I have with people that we meet proselyting, therefore I have been able to memorize and become very familiar with the Book of Mormon and be able to relate it to whatever their struggles may be. I love it!
I am more humble and have a great dependency towards God. I rely on Heavenly Father and always am striving to give him all the credit for the miracles that we see. (The mission can humble someone pretty quick! haha)
I've developed  greater confidence in following the Spirit. I have been able to better understand how the Spirit works with me and am able to recognize and act on the thoughts and impression that come into my mind. This is the way that we are able to find people to teach who are open and accepting. And also to say things that they need to hear.
I better know how important and necessary the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ was through the prophet Joseph Smith.
Most importantly, I've gained a deeper understanding and gratitude of the Savior's atonement. That is what it is all about, without the act of the atonement we would never be able to progress or be forgiven of our sins and wouldn't be able to return back to Heavenly Father.
There is so much more that I've learned but those are the main things. I'll fill you in with more scoop of our investigators and everything next week! :) Everything is going well and I love Sister Jasper!
I also love all of you!!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment