Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 41


May 29, 2012
Hi family!!

How was your Memorial Day?! I hope it was great! Did you do anything fun? 
I did! We worked at the Trail Center ALL day long. We gave tours from 9am-3pm... non-stop. It was wonderful but tiring. I don't think I sat down during that whole time period because right when you got off tour another group would walk in. Now that summer break has rolled in the trail center is getting pretty busy! Now we have to give shorter tours and are constantly on the go. I love though because we get to meet so many people just in 1 day. From 3-9pm yesterday we were making phone calls for our referrals. (the people that the visitors ask us to call and share a message with.)

I actually had a really neat "on call" experience earlier in the week. I went a couple hours of not being able to get a hold of anybody during our shift and I felt like I wasn't making a huge difference or being effective. (Which isn't totally abnormal because call center mostly depends on if people answer the phones and overall isn't the easiest thing in the world.) So I was just a little down asking myself what I can do better or what I need to change to be able to reach out to more people during that time of calling people. I said a little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me be able to make a difference to someone and help me feel good about the efforts that I'm making. Right after that prayer I called a man who is less-active. I took his brother on tour earlier this week and he asked me to give him a call because he is struggling. Well to sum it up... he didn't answer his phone. BUT then about 5 minutes later he called me back and we had a really good talk!! He opened up a lot and shared how he wants to come back to church and be involved again but just isn't sure about what steps he needs to take. So I was able to talk to him about what he can do and how his life will be blessed as he makes the changes that he desires... like going back to church, reading the scriptures, and praying. His wife also wants to learn about the church and she's not a member. Overall that experience was a blessing on both of our parts. I was so grateful I was able to talk with him and he was grateful to receive extra help and an added nudge to help him to get on the right path. I'll continue to follow-up with him and see how he's doing with making these changes in his life. (Hopefully this experience even makes sense to you. I tried making it clear and explaining things.) 

We had some great training this week at the Trail Center. A woman came from the main missionary department over the church to visit with us and basically to tell us to keep doing what we're doing! It was really great and we received a lot of good insights on how we can be better missionaries and how we can improve to reach out to more people.

I saw fireflies for the first time IN MY LIFE this week! They are so cool!! My goal is to catch one before the summer is over. :)

Here is one of my favorite conference talks! You should definitely read or watch the talk by Elder Holland from General Conference!

Love you all!! Sorry this is so short! It was a great week and we were able to spend a lot of time at the Trail Center giving tours and taught some good lessons in our area as well. :)
Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment