Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 42


June 5, 2012
Hello family!
I know this is a really odd time to be emailing but I promise this isn't me being rebellious or disobedient. We were asked to take out the new missionaries tomorrow during our preparation day so they said we need to take 2 hours out of today to email and go shopping. With the new missionaries tomorrow we will be taking them out to our area for about 2 hours and giving them a teaching/ proselyting experience before they get assigned to their areas and companions. We find out about transfers tomorrow! There is a really good chance either me or Sister Robertson will be training a new missionary.... kinda exciting and also scary! Sister Robertson thinks I'll be the one training... but who knows! I'll find out tomorrow morning and you will find out on either Monday or Tuesday! (We haven't got our trail center schedule for this month so we don't know when our preparation day is.)

Question: Does anybody have any good ideas about kids activities for lessons and teaching gospel principles? Do you know any fun kid or group games? Feel free to send any ideas my way! Thanks!

This has been an INCREDIBLE week!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!
Like normal, I will type as fast as I can and give you as many details as I can fit in!
Allen Jones and his family from Cedar City, UT came to the Trail Center this past week and I happened to be the one who took them on tour!! They are in Jeff and Polly's ward! It was really cool because Brother Jones knew all about my immediate family and we even found our common ancestors! Their family is great and I loved being able to show them around the trail center. They were raving about how much they love our family, especially grandma and grandpa Jones. (Craig and Bonnie). I took a picture with them so if I have time I will attach it for you!
Do you remember Anna, the woman who had cancer who we were able to meet and pray with her and her family? We went to visit her this Sunday and her daughter let us in to visit and told us that her mom had passed away a few days ago. That was the saddest news! We were able to have a powerful visit with Trudy (the daughter who is in her 30's) about trusting in the Lord and what happens after this life. She has a strong faith and knows her mom is in a better place. Some of our most powerful lessons in Plattsmouth have been in their apartment. She desires to be baptized and wants us to keep coming and teach her. Such a blessing!! She is going through a hard time but is so faithful and optimistic.
Guess what?!! A woman named Christina that I taught consistently in Grand Island got baptized this past Saturday!!!!!! That made me so happy to hear about! She even was baptized on the date that I set as a goal for her and that she was working towards when I was there teaching her. I was sad that I couldn't be there to see her baptized but still glad I could play a role in her conversion. :)
Oh my goodness... I was able to meet so many amazing people at the trail center this week. I don't have time to get into the details but i have had some awesome experiences! Just today I took some wonderful member couples and a group of people who weren't members from England! Their accents were wonderful! haha! (Mom: a woman I took on tour today had such a great experience and loved it so much she asked if she could call you to tell you about it and she also said, "I want to tell your mom about what a great job she has done in raising you and what an amazing missionary you are!" So I gave her your phone number and said that would be ok. Expect a call from Sister Barlow sometime. It was kind of random but she is super sweet and I just loved getting to know them. Her and her husband are from Provo, UT.)
Sad news: Sister Hawkes, my trainer, is going home in just a few days!! I don't want her to leave! She is such a wonderful missionary and has been a great example to me and all those around her. I think she's going back to BYU in the Fall.
Me and Sister Robertson got to clean the Winter Quarters temple yesterday! That is such a neat experience and we loved it.
Transfers are tomorrow and more than likely me and Sister Robertson are getting separated. :( She has been such a great companion and we get along really well. We are really comfortable teaching together and have been able to witness so many miracles together! That is why I am scared for this coming transfer... I'm guessing it's going to be something to take me out of my comfort zone. haha! (Possibly training a new missionary!)
We have recently started teaching a woman named Brandi and her daughter Kaitlyn. Brandi has been inactive for many years and has just recently decided she wants to come back to church, change her life around, and strengthen her relationship with Heavenly Father. Yay! Kaityln isn't a member and LOVES learning about God and Jesus Christ. She is eating up everything we teach her. She's 12 and loved young womens at church last week. She so nice and cute and always gives us big hugs and even gave me a kiss on the cheek after the first day of meeting her. (funny moment, totally not expecting that. haha!) She is set to be baptized on June 30th!
Basically this week has been amazing and those are just the main bullet points. I could go on with other really good lessons and awesome tours that took place, but I'm running out of time. There are so many good things happening right now... both in our area and at the trail center. It's exciting!!

Here's a scripture that I read recently that I LOVE!
Alma 29:9 9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Missionary work and helping people to know Heavenly Father and the Savior better really does bring JOY! That's why I'm happy 99.9% of the time!

Well I will talk to you all soon and give you the update with what happens with transfers! Sorry you have to wait to find out. (just imagine how I feel though.)
Have a wonderful day!!!
Love,
Sister Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment